Posted: 12.09.21 at 13:51 by Tim Lethaby
In an effort to help our readers who are looking for a new work position or a career change, we have compiled a list of roles currently available in Shepton Mallet to give you a helping hand in your job hunt.
We’re all here to make a positive difference to people with learning disabilities and/or autism in Somerset.
Here at Discovery we are looking for dedicated individuals to join our Support Worker team in Shepton Mallet.
Why join us?
* 30 days' annual leave pro-rata (including bank holidays).
* A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members.
* Long service awards, life assurance and pension scheme.
* Great induction and training opportunities including the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health and Social Care.
* Applicants will be required to have a valid full driving licence.
About the role:
This service consists of a main bungalow where four people of varying abilities live in a shared house environment with individual support hours and shared support, and five individual flats where people have tailored support packages based upon their needs.
This means that every day is a varied one, where you will be supporting people to live their lives in the best possible way, from day to day tasks such as meal preparation and attending health appointments to longer term aims and goals of the individuals, in line with our core values of Ambition, Courage, Integrity, Partnership and Respect.
We provide the people who use our services with personal care, emotional support, financial support and support with domestic tasks as well as enriching their lives with support into the community and to attend activities which improve their quality of life, all with a positive and upbeat manner to put a smile on the face of the people we support in a person centred way.
There is no such thing as a normal or average day, we believe that every day should be an exceptional one, and a positive staff culture helps the people we support to live their lives to the fullest.
Discovery exists to help each person we support to live a fulfilling life, to be equal in society and to be active in his or her local community.
That’s a big deal. It means being able to have choice and control in life.
It means choosing to go out or to stay in, making friends and having relationships, finding and developing skills and interests.
It also means managing a home, voting, staying healthy and being able to pursue employment or volunteering opportunities. If you think you can help the people we support get more from life, we want to hear from you.
Permanent, full-time or part-time. £9.36 per hour.
Click here to apply.
HRGO Recruitment are looking for a Housing Assistant to be the first point of contact for customers with housing related enquirers and to provide comprehensive administrative support to the Housing Options Team.
Main responsibilities involve:
* To assist the Housing Options Team in processing housing application forms made on the Homefinder Somerset Choice Based Lettings Register.
* Undertake a range of data input, including the initial input of any paper housing applications and make any subsequent amendments to the Abritas IT system.
* Assist in contributing to the ongoing development of the Homefinder Somerset Choice Based Lettings Register by updating and reviewing current applications.
* Provide a first point of contact for customers and outside agencies for the team via the telephone, letter and e-mail.
* Provide preliminary assistance to applicants relating to the Homefinder Somerset Choice Based Lettings Scheme and other housing related enquiries by telephone, electronically and by letter.
* Experience of dealing with the public, including vulnerable people, by telephone, in writing and by e-mail.
* Experience of delivery of front line customer services.
* Experience of working in an administrative role.
* Use of IT systems in an office environment including Microsoft Office, Excel and Word. Experience of recording and maintaining accurate statistical information.
* Taking minutes at team meetings.
Temporary, part-time. Salary £19,103 per annum.
Click here to apply.
You're a healthcare practice manager ready for a new challenge. Ready to join a business, which is growing and genuinely values its people.
Ready to use your experience of a patient centric role where you can enable your team to deliver an outstanding patient experience.
Zachary Daniels are working on a role with one of the most well respected growing groups, we now have an opportunity for a Practice Manager to join the business in a high profile role.
We are keen to hear from any Practice Managers or Store Manager from healthcare sectors such as veterinary, dental, optical, audio, pharmacy or cosmetic treatments.
About the company:
Our client is one of the UK's fastest-growing healthcare groups. With a significant number of practices across the UK already, they offer plenty of potential to progress.
With a great reputation for providing in-depth inductions to support your transition into the business, as well as ongoing development, you'll find you get all the support you need to make a successful switch.
About our new Practice Manager:
If you are obsessed with delivering exceptional service levels to patients, then you'll be a perfect fit here.
You will be an experienced practice manager, so your role will involve leading and developing your practice team to achieve revenue targets and deliver great customer service, in addition to other key areas including compliance.
Skills and experience:
In addition to being practice manager who is looking for a new challenge, you'll also need:
* Experience in building a performance culture
* Business acumen - with the ability to make commercial decisions based on data analysis
* To be an excellent communicator and a great coach
* A 'can-do' attitude - advocating and championing change
* To be capable of meeting deadlines under pressure
* To be able to build excellent relationships with your team and customers
The rewards as a Practice Manager:
The salary, bonus and incentive scheme are real attractions of this role.
Yet just as important is the coaching and development you will receive. And as the fastest growing business in its sector, you should find plenty of opportunities to progress.
Permanent, full-time. Salary £25,000 to £28,000 per annum.
Click here to apply.
Click here for more jobs in the Shepton Mallet area.
The biggest antiques event in the West Country returns to the Bath and West Showground on Friday, Saturday and Sunday September 17 to 19. Hosting 6...