Firefighters tackle chimney fire in Batcombe

  Posted: 04.04.21 at 09:22 by Shepton Mallet Nub News

us on Facebook

  See our new Community section



A crew of firefighters were called to a chimney fire in Batcombe last night (April 3).

Firefighters from Castle Cary worked from the hearth of an open fire to extinguish a chimney fire, after the occupants of a property in Batcombe noticed they had a problem with it earlier in the evening and called Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service just after 8.30pm for assistance.

The fire was well alight in the flue of the chimney on the crew's arrival but the firefighters soon had it under control and confirmed at just after 9.30pm that the fire was extinguished using chimney gear, and the area was made safe.

Some fire safety advice was also given to the occupants before the firefighters left the scene.

The fire was contained to the flue with no serious damage or fire spread to the room or remainder of the property.

Like this article? Sign up to our weekly newsletter...
A number of Book Roost events are taking place in Shepton Mallet this month, to enable youngsters to source new reading material while the town...
Read more...

Share: